Image Source: FreeImages
Upholstered beds have become increasingly popular in recent years, with a variety of styles available to suit different tastes. An upholstered bed can add elegance and style to any bedroom, but is this type of bed hard to keep clean? If you like the look of an upholstered bed but are concerned about how easy they are to maintain, read on to find out more.
An upholstered bed is any type of bed that has been fitted with fabric that covers the frame. Upholstery comes in many different types; some beds will have linen or cotton as the primary fabric covering while others may have feathers or foam inside with a canvas exterior. Read on to find out more and decide if an upholstered bed is right for you.
Why are Upholstered Beds so Popular?
Upholstered beds have been around for centuries and are still popular today because they are extremely versatile and can be customized to suit any type of bedroom. Upholstered beds allow you to personalize your bedroom by choosing the colours and fabrics that you want to feature in your space. Once you’ve chosen the fabric, you can also decide how you want to maintain your upholstered bed. You can wash the fabric or use a specialist cleaner, for example, so that you can easily keep your upholstered bed clean and fresh. Upholstered beds are also popular because they are suitable for any bedroom style. If you like the look of an upholstered bed but are concerned about how easy they are to keep clean, you can easily clean the fabric. Upholstered beds are also very comfortable to lie on, making them great for kids’ bedrooms or guest rooms.
Are Upholstered Beds Hard to Keep Clean
When it comes to how to keep an upholstered bed clean, it really depends on the type of fabric your bed is made from. Generally, upholstered beds are not hard to keep clean as long as you regularly vacuum them and also wash their covers. With this, you will be sure to keep these beds clean all time. If your bed has linen or cotton fabric, you can wash it at home in your washing machine. You will want to make sure the fabric is washed on a delicate cycle, using cold water and a mild detergent.
If your upholstered bed has a more decorative fabric, such as velvet, you may want to use a specialist cleaner to ensure that you don’t damage the fabric. It’s also worth noting that upholstered beds may also have a wooden frame. If this is the case, you will want to make sure that you clean it regularly. You can do this with a soft brush or cloth and soapy water to remove dust, dirt, and other debris.
How to keep your upholstered bed clean
If your upholstered bed has a fabric cover, you can wash the cover in your washing machine. You will want to wash the cover in cold water and on a gentle cycle, or you can hand wash it with a mild detergent. Keep your upholstered bed clean by vacuuming it regularly using a soft brush attachment. If your upholstered bed has wooden parts, you can clean them with a soft brush or cloth and soapy water.
Upholstered Bed-Keeping Tips
- Regularly vacuum your upholstered bed. This will help to keep it clean, and it will extend the life of the fabric.
- Wash the fabric on your upholstered bed regularly. This will ensure that it stays fresh and clean.
- If your upholstered bed has wooden parts, make sure you clean them regularly as well.
- Choose an upholstered bed with a neutral color or a pattern, such as a floral or geometric print. This will make it easier to change the cover if it gets dirty and change the look of your bed when you want to switch things up a bit.
- If you have kids or pets, consider getting an upholstered bed with a fabric that is resistant to stains and food particles.
- If you have a busy household, you may want to consider getting an upholstered bed with a removable cover.
- Make sure you vacuum the wooden frame on your upholstered bed regularly.
- Make sure your upholstered bed has the appropriate amount of support. An upholstered bed with too much padding may sag, while one that has too little support may be uncomfortable to lie on.
Upholstered Bed Pros and Cons
An upholstered bed can make your home look stylish and elegant, but there are some pros and cons to consider before buying one.
- Upholstered beds are easy to clean, especially if they have a fabric cover that you can wash regularly.
- Upholstered beds can add charm and personality to your home. You can easily change the look and feel of your bedroom by swapping out the cover.
- Upholstered bed frames are usually made from wood, which is naturally anti-bacterial. This makes them easier to clean than a metal frame, for example.
- You can find an upholstered bed in almost any size. Whether you want a twin-sized bed for a child’s room or a king-sized bed for your master bedroom, you’re likely to find what you’re looking for.
- Upholstered beds can be expensive.
- Upholstered beds can be harder to move than a wooden bed frame, for example.
- Upholstered beds have a shorter lifespan than wooden beds, for example.
An upholstered bed is a stylish way to spruce up any type of bedroom. You can easily customize the look of your upholstered bed by changing the cover and purchasing different fabrics. If you like the look of an upholstered bed, you should know that they are easy to maintain, but you may want to consider getting a bed with a removable cover to make cleaning the frame easier. If you are deciding between an upholstered bed and another type of bed, keep these factors in mind. An upholstered bed is a stylish option that can add elegance to any type of bedroom.